MOC registration for exhibiton and competitions

We have one single signup form for
a) signing up MOCs for competitions
b) signing up MOCs just for the exhibition
c) signing up GBCs for the competition.

[size=150]Click this link to go to the form.[/size]

[size=150]Competitions[/size]
Of course there will be MOC competitions during this year’s PKH! The rules posted here are based on experience from previous years, and to make this post as ‘light’ as possible, we’ll only present the rules and not the background for them.

The competitions are open for all participants at PKH.
Models that have been on display at previous PKH events - in Trondheim or elsewhere - can not be entered into the competitions, and all designs must be by the participant. In other words, we do not allow models built from other people’s instructions to be entered into the competitions. These rules apply to all competitions.

[size=150]People’s Choice Award[/size]
During the public opening hours on Saturday and Sunday, the members of the audience will be given the opportunity to vote for their favourite models. No participant can enter more than one model into this competition, and GBC modules are not eligible for this competition (more information on that below).

[size=150]MOC competition[/size]
Saturday afternoon there will be an internal vote for the best model in multiple categories. The committee will place the entered models in different categories, mainly based on size. If a participant enters more than one model, and we see that two or more end up in the same category, we will give each participant the option to keep all entered models in this category, or go all in on one model.

[size=150]GBC[/size]
As last year, GBC modules can not be entered into the People’s Choice Award. The reason is simple - it’s very difficult to explain to the audience that we want them to judge one module, and not the whole GBC setup. To fix this problem, we have a separate GBC categori in the internal MOC competition with some nice prices! If you want to enter a GBC into this category, it must comply 100% with the GBC standard.

[size=150]Signup[/size]
The form for entering MOCs into the competitions is the same form as the one for entering MOCs into the exhibition. You just have to tick the box for entering your model into the internal MOC competition and/or the Public Choice Award.
Click this link to go to the form.

If anything is unclear - please do not hesitate to ask!

[size=150]Deadline for entering MOCs into the competitions: April 14th[/size]
No MOCs can be entered into the competitions after this date. However, withdrawing a model is allowed.

Just to clarify a question regarding the MOC competition that I know has been asked before: Can I enter the MOC competition even though part of my layout will consist of an official Lego model?
I’m building a fairground consisting of 3 or 4 attractions plus some stalls and scenery. One of these attractions will be the Carousel (10257), the rest will be MOCs.

And I’ll repeat the same answer: It depends on how big a part of your MOC the official set is. There’s a difference between entering a Helicarrier where you’ve only built a tiny little ship on the deck, and entering a big city layout where you’re using a couple of official vehicle sets. In your case, it sounds like it should be fine - but why not modify the carousel? That way it won’t look as much like a set. Swap some colours, for example. That’s an easy way of changing the appearance enough that it won’t immediately stand out as something you’ve simply bought and built.

Is it legal to use capemadness and custom printed elements in the MOC?

I think we’ll allow that.

That would be nice, because I forgot that I have a printed tile with a name of a city on the MOC i registered for competition.

The deadline is April 14th, but please feel free to register ASAP! :smiley: