Jan Beyer wrote:
Hi all, for your information - we are now starting the Nomination process for the next Ambassador cycle. So please look into the new rules and decide together with your community who you would like to nominate according to the rules. Please find one spokesperson or head of the club to submit the nominations to us.
Now Accepting Nominations for 08/09 LEGO Ambassadors
Hello LEGO Enthusiasts,
You may have noticed already that the selection process for the LEGO Ambassador Program will be slightly different this year. In the past we've selected LEGO Ambassadors based
on individual applications, which meant that the program was built on a very individual basis. Now we would like to make the process more broad reaching and transparent for a
ll members of the AFOL community. Therefore the selection of LEGO Ambassadors will be based on nominations from your clubs. In this way we give more people an opportunity to have a say in who's name gets put in the pot for the selection process.
Who's allowed to nominate?
- Any AFOL Community Group (online or on the map) will have the opportunity to submit nominations from their group (up to 3 people if they so choose). Not everyone can be selected for the program as we'll still only have around 30 people when all is said and done. Each club can only have one person selected from that club.
- If you choose to submit a nomination it does not mean that your candidate will be chosen, but it does mean that your group will have just as much an opportunity to get involv
ed in having a direct representative in the LEGO Ambassador Program. We will try to get a diverse group of people who are able to represent the whole AFOL community as good as possible.
- Groups can certainly nominate someone already in the Ambassador Program, but from now on the program will have a two term limit in order to have more room for people to be involved.
After a term out of the program, a previous Ambassador can be re-nominated.
- A group that submits a nomination for the LEGO Ambassador program should be established and known within the LEGO Community.
What should a nomination have in it?
- Name and age of the nominee.
- Where is the nominee from?
- Which Group does this nominee represent?
- Does this person consent to being nominated (Please do not submit a
nomination on behalf of someone you have not discussed with beforehand).
- Explanation of who the nominees are, what their activities are, and why they
would be a good representative of their community (at least 3 testimonials from
members of nominating group are required)
- Key interests of the nominee (themes, building styles, and some examples of
When is the Nomination Due?
May 24, 2008 by midnight GMT. If a nomination is received after this time it will be automatically rejected.
Who should the Nominations be sent too?
What might a LEGO Ambassador be committing too?
- In depth discussion with other like minded LEGO Fans.
- An opportunity to speak with LEGO Group representatives on what is important
to the AFOL community.
- Occasional opportunities to give feedback on upcoming ideas for different parts
of the LEGO Group (require NDA).
- A chance to submit their own ideas and ideas from the communities they
represent on what they would like to see from the LEGO Group.
- Participation in projects which support the community like helping rebuild
LEGOfan.org and many other community related projects.
From the 2008/09 cycle, LEGO Ambassadors will not be required to sign an NDA to join the program, but in the interest of the community, LEGO Ambassadors will be invited to give
feedback on development projects which will require signing of an NDA. Discussions related to development projects will happen in a separate "top secret forum" for those who d
ecide to sign an NDA. All discussions in the general LEGO Ambassador forum can and should be shared with the community. The decision on whether or not to take part in secret projects is up to the individual Ambassadors.
Another new aspect in the process will be that starting with this next cycle Ambassadors will only be able to serve for two consecutive terms. Current Ambassadors will not have their previous terms counted against them, and if chosen by their communities to apply for the program can serve for two more terms.
Thank you all. Your nominations are very valuable for helping the LEGO Community Team choose the next round of LEGO Ambassadors.
Tormod, Jan, Steve
The LEGO Community Team
Kind regards, med venlig hilsen, mit freundlichen Grüssen
Community Development Manager
CED - Events and Communication
LEGO System A/S
Havremarken, Building 97-14
DK 7190 Billund
Tlf.: +45 79 50 42 85
Mobil: +45 29 22 86 49
Fax: +45 75 35 37 89
Dette forsto jeg ingenting av... Men det var kanskje ikke meningen heller.
Er ikke den skarpeste i engelsk… Hva er dette???
LEGO har en del ambassadører som fungerer som bindeledd mellom dem selv og organiserte, voksne LEGO-entusiaster. Nå skal nye ambassadører velges, og Brikkelauget kan foreslå noen.
Jeg tipper at om man ikke forstår teksten, er man ikke aktuell.
Å, sånn å forstå. Jeg forstår nok teksten, men trengte litt mer “background information” som det så fint heter. Tro’kke jeg egner meg for en slik jobb, hadde vært fint å få meg en jobb (har aldri hatt noen), men jeg surrer og roter så mye at jeg tror dessverre jeg er bortimot diskvalifisert…